Monday, December 2, 2013

This past week was great.  Thanksgiving was a good day.  Very quiet also because it was just Elder Rush and I for most of it.  But, dinner was really good we had it with the Atkinson's (I missed your home cooked food though mom).  The mom is a member and the husband isn't.  And, Grecia is the mom's niece, so we got to have it with her also.  It was interesting because they invited over their neighbors whom were not members and were an older couple from england.  It was a good day over all and Elder Rush and I played YHATZEE pretty much the whole day.  We were extremely excited to get back to work on Friday though!  
On Monday and Tuesday it was freezing cold and raining.  And Elder Rush and I were on bikes.  As we were riding, I was thinking about how grateful that am to be able to serve a mission, and that I will never ride a bike in the rain with church clothes on ever again, so I might as well enjoy it!  On Wednesday I was able to go on exchanges with my trainer Elder Ynchausti!  It was really fun to see him as a zone leader and to be able to go out and work together again!  
  We were able to teach Deward this week!  He is awesome.  He continues to read and pray.  We are still working on getting him to church though.  We also started teaching a new guy his name is Luis, he is searching for the truth and just wants to know more about our religion.  We were able to teach him and have a very powerfull lesson.  God also gave us another person to teach named David Soto.  He is a family oriented man, but has a problem with drinking.  We taught him the restoration and he loved it so we are really excited to continue to work with him.  We taught Jacob Davila this week and he is doing great!  He is an awesome member.  We also were able to have dinner with Natalie Marshall.  We taught the restoration and talked about how much it has effected her life.  We then started talking about how we found her and it truly is an amazing story how she prayed the day before and asked God for guidance and then during the Hour of Power on thursday we were guided to and knocked on her door.  It is amazing to see her continue to progress and change.  
  This morning I was able to read the story of the healing of the man who was blind from birth in John chapter 9.  It is an amazing story.  I love the faith and courage of that man as he stood before the pharisees and declared what had happened and allowed himself to be wrongly judged and kicked out of the place.  I also love when Christ comes up to him and declares who he was and how quickly the man believed.  I love the scriptures.  I have gained a personal knowledge of my savior and the love he has for us from reading those amazing stories and teachings about him in the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price.  I know that he lives.  I know that he has sent his spirit to comfort us and to bless and protect us.  In every lesson Elder Rush and I are given direction in where to go and what to do to help those we teach progress and learn and make good decisions.  I love my Savior and all he does for you and me.  I love y'all!  And, think of you often throughout my prayers.  Have a great week!
Elder Willden

Cold and Wet on Monday night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment