Monday, December 9, 2013



Merry Christmas!  Wow how the time flies by!  This week was a great week for Elder Rush and I.  I love this Christ centered season.  To help others, and remember the Savior and his great sacrifice for us.  On Saturday morning Elder Rush and I were looking at our map and he pointed out a spot on the map that is marked out.  He asked me if I had ever been down there and I told him that I hadn't.  We both felt inspired to go there that day.  And, after an appointment we drove down there to go knock some doors or talk to people.  Once we had arrived we noticed that this was a place where the state was going to develop a community and built roads, but no one bought land.  There was one main street with little streets that broke off of the main one and there was one house per little street.  We decided that since we came down we were just going to knock each one.  The first one we knocked didn't answer so we got back in the car and drove to the next one.  There was a lady sitting outside smoking (It was really cold outside).  We parked the car and began to talk to her.  We established that we were missionaries and she said she had heard about us and our church and quickly stated that she is fine where she is at and didn't really want to listen to our message.  We asked her what her religious background was and she told us she was baptist and she began to talk about her problems with the baptist churches and why she hasn't been back.  The spirit then guided us to teach her restored truths that make those problems she had right.  We read part of Moroni Chapter 8 with her because she had a problem with children getting baptized.  And, afterward the spirit directed us to talk about Joseph Smith and we recited the Joseph Smith experience.  The spirit was so strong and I began to cry as I testified of the truthfulness of the experience Joseph Smith had and the Book of Mormon.  She then broke down also and told us about how she has had some bad things happen to her lately and that she has been really mad at God.  She told us that we were messengers to help her break the wall between her and God.  We will continue to meet with her and I will tell y'all about her progression her name is Michelle.  
  I am loving it out here in the great state of Texas.  Although we don't have snow and the temperature isn't nearly as low.  I am freezing!  I guess that's what happens when you acclimate.  I am going to die when I get home!  Elder Rush and I are doing great I love y'all and pray for you often.  I love my mission and love the work!  Have a great week!
Elder Willden

PS>  By the way transfers are coming up and I am pretty sure I am going to get transferred.  So, don't send any letters next week to this address.  If you are going to send any letters or anyone else wants to send letters that will arrive next week send them to the mission office just incase.  I love you!

This is the email that Chase sent in response to his Dad's weekly email:

Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement.  It really helps.  I relate many of the experiences that I had with you to my investigators.  I hope I can follow in your footsteps and become the best missionary I can be.  I love what I am doing.  I love you!
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment