Monday, November 25, 2013

Yes we will be spending thanksgiving with a member family.  So, I still get thanksgiving dinner!  And, no Elder Rush hasn't gotten his visa.  It is going to be a while we think...  Anyways, thanks for the email love you!
Elder Willden

This week was a great week.  Elder Rush and I had many spiritual experiences.  One of them being, on Friday night we were out biking and all of our appointments had fell through. We weren't sure what to do , so we said a prayer and Elder Rush had the prompting to go try one guy that we have been trying for over 2 weeks and haven't been able to teach him. We then headed over and knocked on the door and he let us in! Right when we got in he proceeded to tell us that he was not looking to join our church and never will and that he was catholic and would stay that way.  He just wanted to know what we were sharing and the differences in religion. We then began to teach him the Restoration. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life as we were able to recite the Joseph Smith experience to him. Afterwards I began to cry as I bore my testimony on this wonderful experience. Then, we asked him how he felt and he said that he felt really warm in his heart. After the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he said he would if he came to know that the Book of Mormon is true. I was amazed to see the mighty change that had happened as we taught with the spirit, and were guided by the spirit. 
  Grecia is doing great!  She has decided to stay here.  She is still looking for a job though.  And, Deward is also doing great!  Sorry I don't have much time today.  I hope y'all have a great thanksgiving, I love all y'all! 
Elder Willden

Note from the mom: 

Well, he seems to be working and loving it...short and sweet as usual.  Sure am grateful for our missionary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment