Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Well I am getting transferred.  It is hard to leave, I have learned to love this area and the people so much.  But, I am also excited to see where the Lord will take me next!  
This week was a good week.  We had our Christmas Conference on Wednesday.  It was a great experience.  I was able to see Elder Roundy, Elder Kalilimoku, Elder Meyer, and Elder Ynchausti.  We had a good time catching up and seeing the changes in each other.  
And thank you so much for the package.  I will be shipping one off to y'all today.  Anyways, This week we had an amazing miracle happen.  It was late at night saturday, and we still had 1 hour till we would go in and plan.  We had run out of people to go see.  Elder Rush and I felt like we should go try Charles.  Even though he has been out of town for three months and we were told he wouldn't be back till after Christmas.  So, we went over and knocked on his door and he answered.  And he looked really bad.  He let us in and we started talking.  Come to find out he has been in the Hospital the whole time, because his lung cancer came back.  He told us that it took all of his energy to come to the door and go and sit down.  He said he has really missed meeting with us, and that he has still been living the word of wisdom!  We offered him a blessing.  And it was one of the most powerful blessings I have ever given.  Afterward we shared a message and asked when we could come back.  He said that he will be in the hospital on monday so he is not sure.  But, he said that once he gets better he will get the rest of the lessons and come to church.  Please pray for him that he may recover quickly so that he can continue to progress. 
 We were also able to teach Deward Porter and his wife.  When I told them I would be leaving they said it was like losing a son.  I am going to miss that family.  We commited them to come to church this Sunday though and they weren't able to come because Deward got called into work.  I am sure they will come to church next week and be baptized soon.  
I am doing well and am excited to be able to see y'all and talk to you on Christmas.  I am not sure how it is going to work out since I will be moving, but it will all work out!  I love y'all and hope y'all have a spiritually uplifting week, due to this wonderful Christmas season. 
Elder Willden 


T.H.E. Mission Christmas Conference

Waiting on car brakes to be repaired in Humble, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment