Monday, November 11, 2013

How y'all doing?  I am doing really good.  Looks like I will be staying here in the Crik for 1 more transfer!  I love it here and will be sad to leave.  
Anyways,  We haven't been able to see Rodrick in a while because they have been really busy.  We hope that he is doing okay.  We did see Gracia and she came to church!  She said that she really liked it.  But, she just told us that she is looking for a new job that pays more or she is going to have to move back to New Jersey.  So, pray that she will be able to find a job to support herself.  Hector.... we were not able to get in with this week.  We keep missing him.  And, same story for Austin, but we set an appointment with him for thursday; so hopefully we can get in with him.  And, Deborah just hasn't been home because her family has been having to take care of her.  So, we haven't been able to get in with her. 
This week was a little slower, but I know that as we continue to work hard the Lord will bless us.  Elder Martinez won't be coming back after all.  He is going to be sent to a different area on tuesday.  Elder Rush hasn't heard anything about his visa in a while now; so we are not sure when he will be leaving yet. 
 I have been learning a lot as I have been reading about King Benjamin this week.  He was an amazing teacher.  I love his profound words in Chapter 3 verses 8-11 when he talks about the Savior and the Atonement.  I continue to learn and grow in the knowledge of the scriptures and am loving serving our Heavenly Father's children.  
Before I close, I wanted to talk a little about Juan and Anne.  We were able to teach them the Plan of Salvation and they loved the part about Adam and Eve and the scripture in 2 Nephi 2: 22-25.  It went really well and I am excited to continue working with them.  One thing that I love as a teacher is when you are teaching and something just clicks in the person's head, like a light goes off.  It is the best feeling ever and Juan and Anne had many of those in our lesson.  I love y'all and hope y'all are doing well!
Elder Willden




After an exchange with the Zone Leaders we took all the crazy stuff missionaries have left in our appartment and put it on!  haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment