Tuesday, October 29, 2013


This week was a great week.  Elder Rush blew his tire on Elder Martinez's bike, so we have had to fix that up.   The weather here is extremely nice around this time, so I am enjoying it.  And, Elder Martinez won't be back until the end of the transfer according to President Crawford.  
Rodrick is doing well, he just needs to read from the Book of Mormon and I think he will get baptized.  This week was a slower week.  I have been working on Charity lately, so I prayed for opportunities to strengthen that attribute and they were given.  I testify that when you pray for God to send trials they come!  haha.  
Elder Rush and I are doing well though.  Elder Rush went to the Consulate on Wednesday and the Angolan Goverment didn't accept his paperwork; so, hopefully when he goes back next it will work out.  
We taught Vicky this week and she told us that she feels like the date that we set with her is the date she will get baptized!  She said that she had a warm feeling come over her when she thought about it, so hopefully all works out and she quits smoking by then.  
Jacob Davila received the priesthood this week.  He is doing extremely well.  We had a very powerful lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation the spirit was extremely strong.  
We have started teaching a new man named Hector and he is awesome.  He is from mexico and his father is a mormon.  He talked a lot about how much he loves his family and how important God is to him.  I will keep ya'll updated as we continue to teach him. 
  I am really enjoying being a missionary at this time.  God has been preparing so many people to receive his message.  Everyday I wake up happy as can be.  I have never been happier in my entire life.  The gospel is what makes us happy.  I always thought that I could find happiness by being popular or being the best at something.  The way you find happiness is in the knowledge that you are progressing, that you are becoming a better person.  Nothing else is a lasting happiness.  It doesn't matter if you can shoot a ball better than the guy next door.  Heavenly Father only cares about if you are improving, if you are shooting the ball better than you did yesterday.  I know this to be true.  I love our Heavenly Father. He is our Father.  I love my Savior.  I love my amazing earthly parents and their great guidance.  And I love my great siblings and their example.  I know this church is true.  I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and contains the fulness of the everlasting gospel.  For I have read it and prayed and asked our great Father if it is true.  I Believe. Love all ya'll!
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment