Monday, October 7, 2013


This week was an amazing one to say the least.  I absolutely loved conference.  My favorite talk was the one by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session when he talked about rising up.  I love his statement that it doesn't matter how many times we fall down, it just matters how many times we get up. The getting up is all made possible by the Atonement.  The Atonement is a wonderful thing. It is the most extreme expression of love from Heavenly Father toward us as his children and of Jesus Christ toward Heavenly Father and us as his brothers and sisters. I love this. It truly is amazing. 
  My district has been struggling with finding people to teach.  And Friday night I had the prompting that Elder Rush and I needed to go out and knock doors for each companionship in the district for an hour.  As I was on the phone with one of the sisters I was prompted to promise them that if they would pray for a place for us to go, that we would find someone for them to teach.  They did so.  And, after the second session of conference we went out and began to knock doors.  People were being really rude.  We weren't able to talk to anyone even close to being interested in hearing our message for 45 min.  Elder Rush and I then recieved the prompting to go knock a home directly across from the door we had just knocked.  We did so, and a lady answered the door said, "Oh my gosh!" and began to cry and tell us that she had been praying for Heavenly Father's help.  She was 20 years old, pregnant, and the father wanted nothing to do with her anymore.  We then began to teach her about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And, she wanted us to send the sisters over right then.  It was amazing.  I know that Heavenly Father will fulfill righteous promises from his servants.  
  Being a district leader and a trainer is tiring.  But, somehow every morning I am able to keep on going.  I love Heavenly Father he is truly amazing.  He is blessing my life.  Thank you for all of the prayers in my behalf.  
  We didn't see Rodrick this week because he had to go out of town, but we will be seeing him tonight.  I am excited to see how he is doing.  Pray that his heart will be softened and he will be ready for baptism on the 20th.  Thanks for all ya'll do for me.  I love my mission and love the work!  Love all Ya'll.
Elder Willden
John 8 

By the way, the weather here is terrific right now.  We have been in the 70s the past few days. I am loving it!




Elder Willden's District

No comments:

Post a Comment