Monday, July 7, 2014

I Love Missionary Work!
 I could just write that every week and be satisfied, but I don't think Mom would like that too much! 
 Elder Poteki and I had another outstanding week.  We were able to meet President Drake on Tuesday which was awesome!  Our whole Zone met at the Summerwood Chapel and when President and Sister Drake walked in, we all clapped for them and they sat down and talked with each companionship individually.  He is a really loving guy!  While he was talking to Elder Poteki and I, he said that he was told by one of Dad's friends to make sure that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing haha.  We are definitely happy he came here to THE Mission of the church!  
After we all talked to them, we were able to go into the Chapel and he had some Elders and Sisters stand up and bear their testimonies.  Afterwards, they stood up and gave background on themselves and allowed us to ask questions.  I really enjoyed my time with them.
  Elder Poteki and I were able to teach Darin a little bit this week.  But, we have kind of lost contact for the meanwhile,  so we are going to try and get back in contact.  The last time we met with him he was doing great keeping all of his commitments, so I will let y'all know what happens with him.  
Jamie and Andy are doing well.  Andy had to go to an anger management class this Sunday, so he was not able to come to church.  We will continue to work with him and eventually we will get a letter sent off to the Prophet and hopefully all works out to where he will be able to take that wonderful step of being baptized and soon to go to the temple with his wife.  The Gospel has literally changed their lives.  It has been a privilege to see the growth and the change over the time we have been able to visit with them and invite them to live it.  It is a living testimony that the Gospel changes our lives and helps us deal with the problems and challenges we all face in life.  
I have seen this effect in my own life as a few nights ago I looked back in my journals and have seen the transfiguration of the way I think and the way I act.  I know that what we teach is true and that through studying the scriptures diligently and applying what we learn will change us. 
  This week something possessed me and I decided to bear my testimony in the Young Single Adult Branch.  I bore my testimony on the sacred blessing of the sacrament.  I read in 3 Nephi 18 verse 7 where Christ explains the purpose of the bread and in later verses talks about the water; but he says something interesting in verse 7. He says, "And this ye shall do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you.  And it shall be a TESTIMONY unto the Father that ye do always remember me..."  I know that when we partake of the sacrament that we bear a solemn and firm testimony of the Savior to our Father in Heaven.  I love the sacrament and the blessing pronounced therein which is that we will always have His spirit to be with us.  I also find it interesting how often Christ says the word Remember.  Remembrance is one of the most important principals to Salvation.  I know that if we will always remember Christ in all we do, then we will act the way Christ would act.  Our purpose in this life is to follow Christ to do as he did, therefore we would be fulfilling our purpose and through Christ would obtain Salvation.  I love this Gospel!  I love everything to do with the scriptures!  And, last of all I love y'all! 
Elder Willden 

No comments:

Post a Comment