Tuesday, January 7, 2014

This week was an eventful week.  We were able to teach Bunny and he is doing amazing.  He wasn't able to come to church this sunday because he was called into work so we have pushed his baptism back to the 25th.  But, I know for sure that he will be baptized that day because he told us that he won't let anything stop him from getting baptized then.  He is so strong.  He said that when he goes back to India he is going to teach everyone he meets about the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ!  He will be an amazing member! 
This week has been a great one for me.  Elder Huff and I worked hard and had lots of success.  We went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders on Friday.  I was able to go with Elder Nehring whom I replaced here in Kountze.  We had a great exchange, we were able to go see one of our investigators named Rusty Mott.  He is the Baptist Preacher.  It was awesome to be able to sit down and actually teach him without bible bashing(because that's what most preachers will do).  Overall I am doing great and had a fantastic week. 
  I would ask that y'all please pray for Elder Huff.  He is a great missionary and has a good heart, but he has some self-esteem issues.  I complement him frequently and do all I can to show my love for him.  I just felt that it would be good to have y'all praying for him too. 
  This morning I was reading in the book of Acts.  I love how simple Peter teaches the doctrine and one of my favorite stories is the one of Steven.  Where he stands up to the Pharisees and teaches them about the time from Abraham to Moses and how while they are ridiculing him he sees Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, and then is stoned to death.  He was such a powerful witness of the truth.  I was also able to read 1 Nephi 10 and 11.  Those are some of my favorite chapters in the scriptures.  I love how Nephi isn't content with just his father Lehi telling him about his vision and how he goes and asks the Lord for himself to gain his own testimony, whereas his brothers just decided to murmer and complain.  I am LOVING my Mission.  I know that Jesus is in Fact the Christ. 
 Elder Huff and I were riding our bikes on saturday and we stopped and started talking to a man.  He told us he was muslim and told us that Christ is actually going to be mohhamed coming down to destroy and bring peace.  I was then able to calmly testify that Christ has come and that he will come again and he has performed the Atonement for our sins so that we will be able to return and live with our Heavenly Father again.  We went our separate ways after that, but I was so grateful that I had that opportunity to stand up for our Savior and Redeemer and testify of him.  I Love y'all and hope y'all have a great week!
Elder Willden


No comments:

Post a Comment