Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sorry the library was closed yesterday, so I was not able to email y'all.  But, I now have a new companion his name is Elder Sully Guerrier  he is from Haiti.  He was a spanish missionary, but is now English, seeing that he is my companion.  

This last week was an eventful one.  I was really sad that Elder Poteki is going home.  We have really grown a great relationship and I am going to miss that big guy.  Andy got approved to be baptized and will be getting baptized this Sunday, from what we have planned.  I love that family so much and am extremely excited to see him get baptized.   
  
If you remember I mentioned Ken Jones a little bit in my last email.  Ken Jones has now read the entire Book of Mormon twice!  He also was talking to us and started quoting scriptures and explaining why they were important to him.  He named off Moroni chapter 10 verses 4-5 and told us that he has experienced that now!  And, that he wants more of God's word basically.  So, we have a quad for him that we will be giving to him today or tomorrow.  He will be coming to church this week with his friend and will be baptized soon.  He has progressed so fast, I have never seen anything like this.  He just continues to learn and learn and just loves it.  I guess he really understands the principle of feasting on the words of Christ.  We are excited for him though and excited for all the help he will bring to our ward. 
  
We also started teaching someone new for YSA her name is Alex.  She has been taught all the lessons by another set of missionaries, but she wanted to go to the YSA branch so she has been passed off to us and we will be teaching her from now on.  I don't know much about her, so when I do I will fill y'all in.  
  
This week I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Mormon.  Mormon was an amazing man, he was raised in a terrible setting, was taught truths, and lived the truths he was taught.  Even though he was literally standing alone.   I love his example of patience and love as he is always looking for ways to help his people.  I found it interesting though that the people deliberately disobeyed God.  And, that no matter what trial God placed before them they still were not willing to turn back to him and repent of their sins.  They gave no credit to God and disregarded his commandments.  Unlike the repentant Nephites before the time of Christ these people delighted in sin and mourned when they saw that God would not allow it. 

 I think that sometimes we all can be very repentant after a humbling experience and that sometimes we will harden our hearts and disregard the things that God has asked us to do in our lives.  I know that if we will be repentant and seek to change that we will be free and if we seek to gratify our own pride and ambitions that we will be chained up to a point where progression can not be made.  I love our Savior who is so forgiving and loving and who makes us free as we accept him and the sacrifice he has made.  I love y'all and hope that y'all have a great week!  I will be striving to repent and respond to the letters y'all sent me... sorry about that...  
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment