Monday, June 2, 2014

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, ELDER WILLDEN!!!!!


LETTER FROM PREVIOUS COMPANION IN BAYTOWN, TX

Sister Willden,
Hey!!! its elder Davis, thanks so much for the cinnamon rolls! You are awesome! I loved serving with your son chasey cakes :), he is a great missionary and you can be proud of his hard work and dedication to the Lord. You raised a great son! I am excited to see y'all in a couple weeks! Thanks again, have a great day!
love,
Elder Davis

Thank you!  It is also your special day, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here!!!  I would like to put a special scripture on that plaque.  Alma 4:3-4 only parts of the verse though.  In verse 3 using, ..."Therefore they were awakened to a remembrance of their duty.", then in verse 4 using, "And they began to establish the church more fully; yea, and many were baptized in the waters of "Texas" and were joined to the church of God..."  Thank you for all you do!  You are the best mother I ever could have asked for!  I know that I choose you and Dad to be my earthly parents because of your greatness!  Love you!
Elder Willden
ps. I am 20 olds.


We had a good week this past week.  We didn't teach too much, but when we did it was awesome.  We were able to teach Jamie and Andy quite a bit.  We taught them the rest of the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They came to church this Sunday and want to continue coming back.  Jamie received her answer to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that what we are teaching is true she said, "After we prayed and asked Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon was true we got in bed and I fell asleep immediately.  I was in a bright white room.  There was a door directly in front of me and it was very white.  I reached out and opened the door and a rush of light came at me and I woke up!  I jumped and Andy asked me what happened and I told him."  Isn't that amazing!  God answers in many different ways, it is amazing to hear those few great stories though.  I too know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  As I have been able to study and ponder the teachings inside of this Book I have been able to understand our Savior and our Father in Heaven.  I have like Jamie received an answer from God, not in the same way though.  As I continue to pray and ask God of its truthfulness a powerful feeling overcomes me every single time.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is a divinely written Book.  I also know the Bible to be an inspired Book as the translation is correct.  I love scripture it is so great isn't it?
  This past week Elder Hoyt and I weren't able to find any new people to teach we have been struggling with that lately.  I know the Lord will bless us this week as we have created specific plans and will follow those plans we have made.  This week we had a meeting called Zone Conference.  Our Zone came together and met with President and Sister Crawford and the AP's.  We talked about the Drakes and how exciting it is that they are coming.  We also had a chance to talk about family history work and how to use it in our missionary work.  (President Crawford asked us to ask y'all to fill out a My Family booklet for us and send it too us so we can use it when introducing people to Family History).  It was really good to be trained on how to use it to get people interested in the Gospel.  
  Overall I am doing great and Loving it here in Texas!  Love y'all and hope y'all have a good week!
Elder Willden


LETTER FROM CURRENT COMPANION, ELDER HOYT: 

Hello Mother of Elder Willden, Here is a picture of your son.  He is AWESOME!!!  Thanks for helping him on his mission.  He is a great companion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment