Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Elder Davis and I had a good week this week.  Hunter Pentecost got confirmed this week.  After he got confirmed we sat down in the chapel during sacrament and he leaned over and said to me, "I feel so good".  I love being able to witness people take steps in their life to come closer to the Savior.  He is also now sharing the gospel with one of his friends who came to his baptism.  He is an awesome kid and has helped many people around him, and will continue to be an uplifting influence as he continues down this path.  Elder Davis and I also had the opportunity to participate in teaching the 5th Sunday lesson.  We had 10 minutes to talk about how people are being prepared by the Lord and he is leading us to them or them to us.  It went really well and hopefully we were able to help our ward in their missionary work. 
  Elder Davis and I did what you call a blitz, where you go with another companionship and work their area together to help build it, with some Elder's in our Zone.  I was with Elder Satele who is from America Samoa, and Elder Davis was with Elder Hofstetter who is from Minnesota.  He has such a funny accent.  But, it was a really good blitz.  Elder Davis and Elder Hofstetter were able to find a new investigator as Elder Satele and I went and tried some former investigators.
  We were able to teach Lambris and he is doing really well.  He has just been really busy lately.  He told us that he has been reading the Book of Mormon with one of his friends.  He told us how much he loves the Book of Mormon, because of the truths that are in it.  We invited him to be baptized on the 20th of April.  He just needs to get his parents to allow him to come to church and everything will work out, so we need all the prayers we can get.  
We were also able to teach Claire Mercury.  Claire wasn't able to read the Book of Mormon so during our visit we read with her and her kids.  It was a really good lesson, but she needs to be reading before we can move on to other things.  She also gave us a ton of food again, she is like our little mission mom.  She is always trying to take care of us... it is awesome. 
  Overall this week was a really good week and I was able to learn much throughout it.  We have our MLC meeting tomorrow, so that will be fun.  Anyways love y'all and hope y'all have a great week.
Elder Willden

**Here is a public apology to all family members that Chase has neglected to write back or thank for your prayers as well as gifts....I chastised him a little....really only a little because we know he is busy.  Here is how he responded.  Hopefully you will hear from him this year!  I am not sure who has written him, but hope you know our whole family loves and appreciates even your thoughts about our missionary! I know he loves any letters he gets.  Much love, Rhonda)

Mom, I would like to apologize for my neglect of writing those who have sent gifts or just written me.  I realized that I had written Brad's Family but haven't even sent it and that was a long time ago.  If you could send me an email next week of all those who have written me and not received a letter back, so I can make remedy that would be much appreciated.  Love you!
Elder Willden

This is Elder Hofstetter.  He is a new missionary in our Zone waiting for his visa to go to Brazil.  His mom follows the blog, so he really wanted me to get y'all a picture for her to see.


This is a cheetah cat,  it is part cheetah part cat.

This is a lizard Elder Davis caught.

***The pictures did not come through, but last week Elders Davis and Willden were doing some service and saw a big worm.  Elder Willden paid Elder Davis $10 to eat the worm!  Missionaries, but still crazy boys!!!  (Rhonda again)

No comments:

Post a Comment