Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St Patricks Day one and all who read my weekly reports!  I didn't even realize it was St Patricks Day until I read Mom's email.  Anyways, I am doing wonderful!  Elder Davis and I will be going another transfer together!  Elder Davis really wanted to train for his last two transfers, but we are excited to go another one.  Elder Davis and I had a great week this past week.  We had another experience with fast offerings this past week.  On Wednesday during lunch I realized that we didn't really have anything to eat.  We had a dinner that night so we just didn't worry about it.  When we went to dinner the lady told us that she had made extra for us to take home because she felt that she needed to.  They then proceeded to ask us about how we were doing with food.  We were honest with them and told them we didn't have much.  They took us to their food storage and just unloaded a lot of food for us.  It was such a blessing.  I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for us.  After that though, on Saturday we went by to see if this lady we had talked and invited her to hear our message was home.  She was and we were able to sit down and teach her.  After the lesson she decided to feed us and while we were eating she went into her pantry and gave us a ton of food.  I can tell you right now that fast offerings are important.  As we pay generously Heavenly Father will bless us.  Even if the blessing doesn't come temporally, he will keep his promise. 
  The lady we taught that gave us all the food, her name is Claire Mercury.  As we taught her the restoration the spirit was there.  After she told us that she has been to our church before because a member had invited her.  At the time she wasn't interested in learning more.  But, because of that member getting her to church she had a seed planted and is now ready to be harvested.  She is awesome though, she is from Trinidad.  She is just a good lady and we are excited to keep teaching her.
  We also are teaching another guy from Trinidad now.  His name is Kenieth.  He just got here this past week and we tracted into him.  His accent is so funny.  He came to church and we are not quite sure how he liked it, he is really hard to read, but I will let y'all know more about him in my next email. 
  There is a kid we are teaching now named Quinceton Tautuiaki.  He is 9 years old and his family is from Tonga.  His whole family are members except for him of course because they were less-active for a time.  He is awesome and we hardly have to teach him anything because he knows almost all of it.  He will be getting baptized March 30th.  The Lord has been just giving us people who are ready.  It is amazing to see our faith and y'all's faith along with prayer in action. 
  Lambris has been really sick this past week.  We weren't able to teach him anything so once he is feeling better we will be able to teach him more.  He talked to his Dad though and his Dad told him that he will talk it out with his mother.  That is a miracle, as we continue to have faith I know that his parents will allow him to be baptized. 
  Overall I am doing well the work is going great and I continue to learn and grow as it continues forward.  I feel like I don't have much time so I feel a sense of urgency to work harder.  I am excited and sad that y'all will be moving, but it is obviously what y'all need to be doing right now.  I love y'all and hope all is well!
Elder Willden



this week's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment