Monday, February 3, 2014



This week was a terrific week.  I got some sad news though, I will be getting transferred.  I also got a call to be a Zone Leader, so I am excited to see what that is all about and be able to help other missionaries.  
Anyways, Bunny took it pretty hard that I am leaving, but he will be okay. The ward will take care of him. 
 This week we were able to teach Betty again and she is just amazing.  She already knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is a modern day prophet.  She also told us as we were teaching her the plan of salvation that  she already believed what we were telling her, but she just hadn't heard it before.  We were able to explain to her that we were taught all these things before we were born ...we already knew it.  And that our purpose as missionaries is to bring remembrance.  Betty is amazing and I am so excited to come back for her baptism. 
  We are also teaching 2 kids named AJ and Denine Gore.  AJ is 9 and Denine is 12.  Their mom is Mormon and their dad is Baptist.  Their mom and dad got a divorce when they were very little and somehow the dad got custody.  AJ and Denine have been trying to get baptized for quite a few years now.  But, their father never would allow them.  They recently asked him and he gave permission!  It was a huge miracle to be a witness of.  But, we have been working with them and they will be getting baptized on the 1st of March.  I will also be able to go back for that one. 
  I have learned a lot since I have been here in Kountze.  I love this place and am going to miss it and the people .  I have been doing great though.  On Sunday I went up and bore my testimony.  I told the story of when I was in primary and whoever had the spiritual thought wasn't there.  And, Luke volunteered to give it.  He grabbed my scriptures and flipped open to Moroni 10:5.  After I talked about how the Holy Ghost really is how we can know of truth and etc...  Later on Bunny got up and bore the most powerful testimony.  He told is life story and bore testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and how India needs it.  I was so lucky to be able to work with him. 
  On Monday of last week, we were doing service, helping an older gentlemen move his Barber chairs.  An Elder and I picked one up and started carrying it and the heaviest part of the chair somehow slipped off and smashed my toe and the other Elder's foot.  Everyone thought my toe was broken.  But, I just didn't worry about it.  Eventually, I was convinced to go see a doctor and turns out it should have broke under all that weight, but the Lord protected me and it didn't.  But, my toenail is going to fall off, so that is exciting!  I will send a picture right after this.
 Anyways I love y'all and am absolutely loving this work!  Y'all have a great week!
Elder Willden


No comments:

Post a Comment