Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handwritten Letters From Elder Willden while at MTC

Letter 1:

To The FAM!
Hey Guys!  I am so glad I am on a mission!  I have been working really hard and Love the Gospel!!  The MTC is a lot different than what you would expect.  But it is awesome.  I hace a companion and his name is Elder Kalilimoku.  The first day he came in late and had a ton of candy around his neck!  He is half Hawaiian and half Korean.  I became district leader last night.  I have learned a lot while I have been here (just 2 days)  I share a room with two other Elders named Elder Loveland and Elder Rice.  As district leader I am in charge of taking care of my district.  It has been a great learning experience seeing what all these elders are going through.  Last night when I was called, my Branch President told me that Elder Holland specifically told him that the elders he will be calling to leadership positions right now are going to eventually be the leaders of our church.  The spirit is really strong here and I love every momnet of it.  I want you guys to please pray for my district.  I love you all and hope everything is going well!  Kolton and Luke,  prepare for your missions now!!  You can start by memorizing My Purpose found on pg 1 of Preach My Gospel.  You will be great missionaries!  Bailee and Corie, if you are wondering about serving, pray.  Heavenly Father has a plan for you and he wants the best for you!
Mom and Dad, I love and respect you so much!  I miss you all!  And guys, listen to mom and dad.  They know what they are talking about!
I want you guys to know that Jesus Christ DID ATONE for OUR sins.  There is no greater sacrifice.  And Heavenly Father loves us more than we can possibly know!  I have come to know how much the Lord loves us. 
Me and my companion get along well!  He is 22 years old!  It's been fun getting to know him.  Elder Rice  take things too seriously, but has the cutest girl waiting on him.  Elder Loveland is a cool guy.  He lived in Idaho and graduated with 13 kids in his class!  I like what I am doing and love who I am with!  Love all of you guys!!!!
Elder Willden
PS.  Watch out Kolton, my basketball skills are off the charts!

Letter 2:
Dear Fam.,
Hope you got all my letters!  I have been working hard and learning lots!  Just a sample of what I have learned is you can teach by the spirit, by Listening to the spirit.  You can feel the spirit while you're teaching, but your not teaching by the spirit if you are not listening.  I LOVE our Heavenly Father!  He loves all of us very dearly.  When you read the scriptures, the main point throught the whole book is God Loves Us.  Daily scripture study is crucial, please don't take it lightly.  The reason why we read the Book of Mormon more than once is because, if  you take the time to read two verses as a family and just ask what they got from it, you will be amazed at how many insights are in one scripture. 
So, my two sone leaders are Elder Badley (a huge black man) and Elder Bushman.  I love these guys.  I was taking a shower, then got out, dried off and put on my robe.  I walked back to my residence, opened the door, took two steps in and heard someone yell "BANG" and a nerf dart zoomed past me.  I have never screamed so loud!  I turned and there was a big black guy laying in my bed with a nerf gun and the funniest smile on his face.(Elder Badley).  I was in shock and didn't know even what to think.  He got up and came towards me laughing and said, "gotcha!" 
I love you guys and hope you are doing well!  Write me back!
Elder Willden

Letter 3:
Dear Family, 
I forgot to put in a few parts in my last letter, but here ya go. I had the opportunity to give a sick sister a blessing in my district, Sister Foxcroft.  I know that Heavenly Father can speak directly through us.  By the way this happened on Saturday.  Anyways, second I had the opportunity to listen to Elder Holland tonight!  He is an amazing speaker! And last, I wanted to tell you I can only email for 30 min. a week during laundry so be patient with pictures! and it would be nicce if you guys would write me a little more!(siblings)  Love you guys!
Elder Willden
PS.  I ran into Tyler Johnson.  He is very different! I love my mission! and you guys!

Letter 4: 
Hey guys!  Just in case you didn't know, I leave to Texas on the 28th @ 8:00am. So expect a call before then!  Today is p-day, so I get to go to the Temple!  I get up @ 6:00 am every morning, wierd huh! and my schedule is different every day, but it's always fun!  Anyways I have learned a ton.  I have got a ton of pictures for you guys.  I hope you are doing well, love you guys!  Doing laundry here is crazy!  It's so hard to find a machine, but is's all good.  Last night I had to take to the 2 new district leaders because we go two districts on Wednesday.  I am kinda sad because my zone leaders are leaving next week!  I only have a little over a week left!  I am so excited to go teach.  One thing I have learned is our life is one big machine and prayer is the oil to your machine.  You have to have a good quality and your have to constantly be oiling it for it to work right. Pray sincerely with real intent.  And if you are praying constantly you will receive revelation and know where to go in life! 
Love, Elder Willden

Letter 5:
Dear Willdens,
I just woke up, it is 6:27am.  I saw Cody today, and Chase Hansen.  They both looked scared out of their minds, so I told them the best piece of advice I have..."make it til Sunday!"  Sunday is awesome!  Anyways, the two Elders that I asked you to pray for are doing great now.  But, there is one sister in our zone, Sister Alcock...she hasn't really gotten much mail and she feels down.  Please pray for her.  I was talking to the new guys in our zone and they kept saying "yes sir" and stuff like that!  I found that kind of funny!  It's different how much the new guys look up to you.  I have been playing a lot of basketball, but I keep it on the down low, so I don't make anyone look to bad...Ha Ha, JkJk! 
Prayer is extremely important.  Don't take it lightly.  Me and my companion  were teach an "investigator" and I said a prayer.  At the end I asked Heavenly Father to help this man know that His son is in Heaven waiting for him, and a few other things.  After the prayer, everything about him changed.  He went from denying Christ, to feeling the spirit.  President Holland came on Tuesday and that was awesome!  He also dedicated my building and 2 others.  In the prayer he asked for all the doors to be guarded by spirits/angels.  It was awesome.  This work is awesome.  I can't wait to get out in the field because the food here is kinda horrible.  I will get you some pics tomorrow. 
love ya!
Elder Willden

Letter 6: 
Well I am on my last week @ the MTC.  It is weird thinking about it.  But, I am so excited.  Thank you for the cookies!  There are only 2 left because someone tried one and then everyone else wanted one.  Our flight is on Monday @ 8:00am.  I have learned so much here and can't wait to go apply it in the field.  Yesterday during my class, we were reading the Book of Mormon.  We would read three or four verses and sotp and have some people share the revelation that we got from it.  We read 3 Nephi 11.  I started bawling, because they also had us ask a question before.  And my question was "How can I continue to work hard and be an example?"  My answer was "I am proud of you, keep doing what you are doing."  I love you all.  An you guys should try that activity, it is amazing!  Ther is so much in the scriptures!
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment