Monday, June 10, 2013


Howdy!  Hottitude just continues to rise.  My clothes are begining to turn yellow from my sweat, so thats always a beautiful sight!  haha.  Anyways, Elder Roundy and I have been working it up.  We had a lot of appointments fall through this week from people we tracted into or talked to on the street but thats okay because the lord has a plan in everything.  I got to go on an exchange this week with Elder Ek.  Who is a spanish missionary.  I didn't really say anything in any of the lessons except for Hola haha.  It was a good experience though.  So, we have an Investigator named Esther, she is an older spanish lady(74) and is a strong believer in Christ and likes the Book of Mormon and she teaches english in High School, and we went and had a lesson with her on Friday.  I asked her a few questions and even though the other missionaries have been through the lessons with her twice she still didn't know what preisthood authority was.  So, therefore we are going to reteach the lessons and make them as simple as possible.  I had an interesting experience Saturday night.  We went over to a mans home whom we had talked to in the street and he came outside and talked with us for a bit.  And, he was trying to preach to us and every time we would say a few words he would just start talking again.  And, then he started talking about why we don't need and shouldn't have the Book of Mormon and I got the impression to just bare my testimony about the Book of Mormon.  So, I did so and then he started going of on how I was wrong.  And I said a prayer in my head asking Heavenly Father to bring the spirit to the conversation if it was his will.  Then, I saw a devil standing next to the man whispering into his ear and smiling at me.  It brought tears to my eyes realizing that this man has made his decision at this point in his life.  All I wanted to do was help him.  But, he would not accept.  Anyways, I told that story because Heavenly Father has given us all agency.  We all have the ability to choose the light or the dark.  I hope and pray that, that man will one day choose the light and that we all will continue to choose the light and if we arent doing so at this point to change our direction and start on the true and living path to Christ and our Heavenly Father.  I love this work my mission is the best thing that has happened to me so far in my life.  This church is true and I bare witness of it in the name of Jesus Christ amen.  I love all of you and pray for you every night.  I feel your prayers in my life and thank you for them.
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment